Mobile view of E-POR on this page
Check your voter registration and polling place at myvote.wi.gov
Detailed FAQ for SRD's - FEW
Acceptable Photo ID's in detail
Proof of enrollment for use with student ID
Info on getting a DMV ID: 608-266-1069
Some statutes on Photo ID:
ID's listed - 5.02(6m)
Definition - 5.02(16c),
Absentee by mail - 6.86(1)(ar)
In person absentee - 6.15(2)(bm)
Provisional ballot - 6.79(3)(b)
Confidential - 6.79(6)
License surrender - 6.79(7)
Hospitalized - 6.86(3)(a)1.
Redistricting - Whitford v Nichol
Suppression - One WI v Nichol
Registering Voters - A Brief Guide
A brief guide for those who have an appointment as a Special
Registration Deputy (SRD).
1) Is the voter registered at their current address? Check it at myvote.wi.gov
2) Are you an SRD for the voter's municipality? Check their address at myvote.wi.gov, using the Search by Address button on the top.
4) If the voter has a current and valid driver license or Department of Transportation ID card, the number must go on the form. If not, then they may use the last 4 digits of their Social Security number.
5) Upon completion of the form, the SRD checks the voter's proof of residence, and enters the type, issuing agency, and account number, if any. Enter the last 4 digits if the number has more than 6 digits; enter the last 2 digits if the number has 6 or less digits. This information goes into section 12 of the current form.
All Proof of Residence documents must include the voter’s name and current address. FAQ on Proof of Residence, including a list of acceptable documents. Examples: a utility bill or government document.
6) Double check the form for completeness and legibility. It needs the voter's signature, the SRD's signature, and the SRD's number.
7) Blackout dates: Registration with SRD's closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday, twenty days before an election.
All Proof of Residence documents must include the voter’s name and current address. The following examples are either government documents or utility bills.
Madison and Dane County Area
Statewide - Documents for Proof of Residence
Library Card - for electronic proof of residence*
*At their June 18, 2015 Board meeting (agenda, pages 117-122), the GAB determined that these types of library system documents are acceptable as proof of residence since they are government documents. See minutes, page 7.
**From the Madison clerk regarding my.wisc.edu: “mailing address” and “home address” are listed at the bottom. It is likely that the “mailing address” will be the Madison address where the student resides for voting purposes. Students are not required to change their “home address” (frequently their parent’s address) to claim Madison residency.
Send your suggestions for additions to the list of electronic proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is at http://tinyurl.com/ElectronicPOR
Important Dates for Voter Registration and Elections Wisconsin 2016
Election Day – November 8, Congress, State Senate and Assembly, and several county offices, including clerk
Voter Registration - Proof of residence is required. Early registration is highly recommended.
Special Registration Deputy - Register with an SRD until October 19. Forms are due to clerk at 5 pm., or postmarked by this day.
Municipal clerk's office - Registration ends the Friday before the election.
Election Day registration - at your polling place.
Pictures of examples of proof of residence.
Web page by Paul Malischke email@example.com Last updated September 10, 2016