Check your voter registration and polling place at MyVote.WI
Guide for SRD's - FEW
This page in a doc file
Acceptable Photo ID's in detail
Registering Voters - A Quick Checklist
A guide for those who have an appointment as a Special Registration Deputy (SRD), including links to electronic proof of residence.
1) Is the voter registered at their current address? Check it at myvotewi.gov
2) Are you an SRD for the voter's municipality? Check their address at myvotewi.gov, using the Address Search feature (left side).
4) If the voter has a current and valid driver license or Department of Transportation ID card, the number must go on the form. If not, then they may use the last 4 digits of their Social Security number.
5) Upon completion of the form, the SRD checks the voter's proof of residence, and enters the type, issuing agency, and account number, if any. Enter the last 4 digits if the number has more than 6 digits; enter the last 2 digits if the number has 6 or less digits. This information goes into section 11 of the current form.
All Proof of Residence documents must include the voter’s name and current address. FAQ on Proof of Residence, including a list of acceptable documents. Examples: a utility bill or government document.
6) Double check the form for completeness and legibility. It needs the voter's signature, the SRD's signature, and the SRD's number.
7) Blackout dates: Registration with SRD's closes at 5 p.m. twenty days before an election.
When you register to vote in Wisconsin, you must show proof of residence (POR). Electronic proof is acceptable, on a smart phone, tablet, laptop, etc. The following documents are all acceptable electronic forms of proof of residence.
Madison and Dane County Area
Statewide - Documents for Proof of Residence
Library Card - for electronic proof of residence*
*At their June 18, 2015 Board meeting, the GAB determined that these types of library system documents are acceptable as proof of residence since they are government documents.
**From the Madison clerk regarding my.wisc.edu: “mailing address” and “home address” are listed at the bottom. It is likely that the “mailing address” will be the Madison address where the student resides for voting purposes. Students are not required to change their “home address” (frequently their parent’s address) to claim Madison residency.
Send your suggestions for additions to the list of electronic proof of residence to email@example.com
This page is at http://tinyurl.com/ElectronicPOR
Important Dates for Voter Registration and Elections Wisconsin 2016
Elections – February 16 (local primary), April 5 (presidential primary), August 9 (partisan primary), November 8, 2016
Voter Registration - Proof of residence is required. Early registration is highly recommended.
Special Registration Deputy - Register with an SRD Until the Wednesday 3 weeks before an election. Forms are due to clerk at 5 pm., or postmarked by this day.
Municipal clerk's office - Registration ends the Friday before the election.
Election Day registration - at your polling place.
Pictures of examples of proof of residence.
Web page by Paul Malischke firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated June 29, 2015